If you're not having any fun at work, you're doing it wrong.
Motion Graphics Animator / Designer
Newton’s First Law: Objects at rest tend to remain at rest. The same is true of people. At DRUM, our job is to get people to move. But random movement is pointless. Movement in rhythm with the goals of our clients, on the other hand, is the most valuable thing in the world. There’s an irresistible beat that gets brands noticed, gets people talking and, above all, gets results. No wonder so many great brands — like Aflac, E*TRADE, PayPal, Wounded Warrior Project and more — trust us to help take them where they want to go. We’re DRUM. Let’s dance.
If you’re not having any fun at work, you’re doing it wrong. Whether you’re in our Atlanta, Chicago or New York office, you’ll see for yourself: At DRUM, we love what we do. We’re focused, but not funless. Aggressive, but not ad-holes. After all, we believe in harmony. It’s there in everything we do, from our award-winning campaigns to our slightly less decorated bowling team. And it’s the reason our agency is recognized time and again, from Chief Marketer’s Top 200 Agencies to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Top Workplaces.
We are looking for an Animator/Designer to join our staff of creative thinkers. As an Animator/Designer you will be collaborating directly with Agency Creative Directors, Art Directors, and Producers to generate excellent high-quality work that is both creative and effective at solving for our Clients’ marketing needs.
The ideal candidate loves working as a team, is excited to bring in new ideas, can jump from project to project with poise, communicates clearly and effectively, thrives in a fast-paced environment and can self-manage. They are also resourceful, responsive, creative problem solvers and are eager to get the job done – all with a smile. Additionally, they will be responsible for, but not limited to: organizing projects, building out templates, assisting in the design and preparation of presentation materials, comps, internal agency work, etc.
- Be very well versed in 2D animation, typography, motion graphics.
- Delivers style frames, concepts, story-boarding and communicates visual direction.
- Coordinates all aspects of final digital files, ensures that all requirements are met and that they are delivered accurately.
- Organize and maintain project files and archives.
- Responsible for quality control while adhering to deadlines.
- Reviews work with Creative Director/Art Director/Producer prior to releasing finished art/animation for approvals.
- 5 years of related industry experience in animation and graphic design. Entertainment brand experience preferred.
- Experience in design and animation across digital and social media platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Must display excellent design, typography and layout skill set.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite with a strong emphasis on After Effects.
- Experience with compositing and color correction.
- Experience with C4D a plus.
- Ability to quickly deliver high-quality work under tight timelines with strong attention to detail.
- Mac Platform experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Adobe CC: After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD.
- Experience with PowerPoint and Keynote. Prezi is a plus.
- Front-end web design experience a plus.
- Must be open to direction, mentoring and training to improve skills.
- Maintains current knowledge of printing techniques and requirements, digital prepress and typography/font management.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to problem solve and find design solutions, especially under narrow parameters or strict budget constraint.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple ongoing projects in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong typography, layout and editing skills required.
- Degree in graphic design or fine arts.
- Ad agency experience a must, direct response experience preferred.
- Strong work ethic with ability to effectively manage your own time and stay on task.
- Motion graphics and comping experience.
- A vested interest in our company and the work you do.
- Assertive personality.
- Drawing skills is a big plus.
- Capable of handling and organizing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Takes initiative and is a team player – willing to contribute to all aspects of the company as needed.
- Works well within brand guidelines.
- Versed in design for websites.
Overall, an animator should:
- Be creative and artistic.
- Have drawing skills (and sculpting skills for stop frame animation using clay).
- Have excellent IT skills.
- Be patient and able to concentrate for long periods.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Be observant and understand how people move and express emotions.
- Have good communication and negotiation skills.
- Have good organizational skills.
- Be original and inventive.
- Work well as part of a team and be able to take direction from senior animators, directors and clients.
- Be able to follow a brief and work on their own initiative.
- Take criticism well.
- Work well under pressure and strict deadlines.