If you're not having any fun at work, you're doing it wrong.
Media Operations Manager
DRUM is a fast-growing independent, full-service growth marketing partner to major brands such as E*TRADE, Cigna, PayPal, Crystal Springs, Chase, IG Group and many more. We have assembled an A-list of talent, curated from the top holding companies, consultancies, data platforms and brands, as part of our mission to nimbly integrate Strategic and Advisory services with best-in-class Media and Creative execution. By joining now, you will be empowered to co-author the next chapter in our ascension, as we build upon a half-dozen recent client wins and unveil a number of game-changing innovations & strategic partnerships across Ad Tech, BI, data providers, marketing platforms and more.
The role of the Media Operations Manager is to ensure optimal client support by guaranteeing internal accuracy, timeliness and overall quality, both specific to Media functions as well as their interactions across every other agency discipline (Client Service, Technology, Analytics, Creative). The Media Operations Manager manages scopes and budgets and adjusts accordingly, should deliverables change during the project. The Media Operations Manager represents the voice of the customer within DRUM and the Media Team. S/he oversees the planning, implementation and tracking of specific short-term and long-term projects. Strong communication skills is key to the success of this project manager. The Media Operations Manager should have the ability to support a number of projects of differing complexity including high profile, multi-phased implementations. S/he will report directly to the CMO and is ultimately responsible for daily operational management, execution and coordination of all projects within the group. Ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders, keep abreast of a large volume of information, disseminate what’s of relevance to the proper parties in a timely manner and ultimately orchestrate a streamlined operating process between agency disciplines and each client is the ultimate measure of success.
The Media Operations Manager performs a wide range of duties, including some or all of the following:
Plan the project
- Define the scope of each project in collaboration with senior management.
- Facilitate/participate in the definition of service levels and customer requirements.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project. This plan should be integrated within our collaboration tool.
- Determine, with the help of the subject matter experts, the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project.
- Develop a schedule for project completion and enter into collaboration tool.
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Communicate the agreed upon timing, success metrics, etc across a matrixed group of stakeholders internally.
Implement the project
- Facilitate the project kick-off meeting with all stakeholders to ensure consistency of understanding.
- Execute the project according to the project plan.
- Record and communicate project activities ongoing.
- Ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure successful completion.
- Establish a communication schedule to consistently update stakeholders.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis, to ensure that it meets the project standards.
Monitor/Control the project
- Identify, monitor and mitigate risks throughout the project.
- Ensure all sign-offs are received when appropriate and stored in a secure location.
- Record, monitor and evaluate issues as they arise and ensure all issues are known and resolved in same day and notification to supervisor when this is not possible.
- Interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery.
- Provide daily updates on the progress of the projects, issues encountered, risks realized, constraints impacting progress and any assumptions made that prove to be untrue.
- Work closely with the Development Team, IT Team, Measurement Team, Data Services Team, Ad Operations Team and Analytics to ensure the customer expectations are met.
- Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas.
- Manage the change control process while keeping all stakeholders informed of any change requests that will substantially alter the course of the project.
- Facilitate lessons learned.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality. Proactively monitor progress, resolve issues and remove obstacles to ensure this is the case.
Close the project
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
- Ensure all documentation and other artifacts are stored and accessible for future reference.
- Reconcile estimated hours against actual hours, both in real-time and at each project’s close.
- Continuously improve project, product and program management tool kits and methodologies.
- Identify, develop and initiate innovations and solutions where precedents and procedures may not sufficiently exist.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
- Scrum Master duties as assigned.
- Create, modify and maintain Knowledge Base.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with team members, customers and vendors.
- Good communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written mediums.
- Participate in outside professional activities to maintain knowledge on developments in the field; e.g. PMI, Agile Meet Ups, etc.
- Maintain supreme knowledge of organization’s methodology and tools.
- Knowledge of Agile work practices.
- Convey goals and objectives clearly and in a compelling manner; listen effectively and clarify information as needed; produce clear status reports; communicate tactfully and candidly.
- Thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of own professional discipline.
- Coach and motivate team members across all disciplines engaged with.
- Consult and provide advice, facilitate discussion and resolve conflict; establish trust; build and utilize cross-functional relationships to accomplish work objectives and build lasting, productive partnerships.
Experience and Preferred Skills
- Minimum 3 years of increasingly responsible professional work experience, including proven ability to successfully manage various projects.
- Outstanding grasp of information technology, marketing technology, ad operations and digital measurement concepts and processes.
- Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Process improvement experience Green or Black Belt Lean Six Sigma preferred.
- Skilled communicator with ability to liaise with all stakeholders.
- Experience working within a Media planning & buying environment, including consistent touchpoints with Ad Ops personnel, Media Planning tools (Advantage, Prisma, etc), planning, buying and analytics teams and finance personnel and protocols.
- Experience working within either a full-service or media agency or a company with internal media buying teams.