If you're not having any fun at work, you're doing it wrong.
Director, Ad Operations & Digital Solutions
Newton’s First Law: Objects at rest tend to remain at rest. The same is true of people. At DRUM, our job is to get people to move. But random movement is pointless. Movement in rhythm with the goals of our clients, on the other hand, is the most valuable thing in the world. There’s an irresistible beat that gets brands noticed, gets people talking and, above all, gets results. No wonder so many great brands — like AT&T, Aflac, Carhartt, E*TRADE, PayPal, March of Dimes and more — trust us to help take them where they want to go. We’re DRUM. Let’s dance.
If you’re not having any fun at work, you’re doing it wrong. Whether you’re in our Atlanta, Chicago or New York office, you’ll see for yourself: At DRUM, we love what we do. We’re focused, but not funless. Aggressive, but not ad-holes. After all, we believe in harmony. It’s there in everything we do, from our award-winning campaigns to our slightly less decorated bowling team. And it’s the reason our agency is recognized time and again, from Chief Marketer’s Top 200 Agencies to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Top Workplaces.
DRUM is seeking an experienced, results-oriented Director of Ad Operations and Digital Solutions. This is a client-facing role representing DRUM’s suite of proprietary and partner marketing technology solutions, targeted at connecting the dots across the various media channels. You will be responsible for developing and managing a team of ad operations specialist and data analyst. This role also owns the management and evolution of our entire Ad Tech stack (including programmatic & data) across multiple properties, working with the technology and development team to ensure the whole operation runs smoothly. This leader will ensure we are conducting business using leading platforms that are best aligned with our data-driven, audience focused, monetization strategies and goals. We are looking for a dedicated, focused, team player capable of bringing immediate value to a growing company and managing a team of ad operations and data specialist.
– Digital Solutions
- Perform as a customer-facing Solutions Architect working with DRUM business development teams to represent DRUM products and services, architect solutions based upon web application audits and requirements and position self as technical resource and subject matter expert on the marketing technology ecosystem.
- Author detailed Solution Design Docs, keep current and publish on DRUM Hub and internal network.
- Design digital transformation programs for DRUM’s clients by providing consulting, advising, and supporting the executives and marketing teams of DRUM’s clients.
- Perform web and mobile application audits for potential and existing clients to highlight challenges in the marketing technology implementation and design a plan to mitigate and resolve these issues.
- Oversee the timeline, assignment and completion of all marketing technology projects.
- Lead internal onboarding team in creating timeline and implementing marketing technology solutions as outlined in the client SOW.
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers inside the organization (dev, ad operations, analytics, media, creative, etc.) to implement solutions to drive revenue growth and achieve overall company objectives.
- Collaborating with CTO, represent DRUM at customer, sales, and partner meetings, tradeshows, conferences, etc.
- Partnering with CTO, support the marketing, sales and operations teams during new service and solution launches.
- Maintain a wide-angle view and subject matter expertise in the entire marketing technology ecosystem, CRM, Website Analytics, CDP, DSPs, cloud services, etc.
- Assist in developing product reporting to identify historical results, current performance and forecasting for unit volumes, revenue, profit, churn, etc.
- Assist in analyzing competitor offerings and strategies, identify opportunities for innovation and market disruption.
- Author high level Solution Concept Documents (SCD) for new solutions.
– Ad Operations
- Understand media plan objectives, and suggest framework for campaign setup which will directly translate into reporting and performance outputs.
- Manage the implementation of new ad & data technologies in the ad tech stack, supporting direct and programmatic sold campaigns, and ensuring maximum yield while optimizing site performance and page speed.
- Act as in-house platform expert and escalation point on product and technology issues.
- Assist in the development of new internal products and in the vetting and onboarding of new third-party ad platforms.
- Serve as the technical authority for all technical issues involved in running online ad campaigns (including trafficking of remarketing capabilities, VAST/In-Stream Video, Rich Media and Audio).
- Work with media, creative and analytics teams at the onset of a campaign to identify and implement all creative and technical requirements.
- Manage relationships with external vendors (such as DSPs, DMPs, verification vendors, rich media companies, media publishers, etc.).
- Build data structures to maximize business intelligence and ad targeting capabilities.
- Document best practices and seek out opportunities to improve existing processes.
- Become subject matter expert of processes, policies, systems, and controls —including the ad server, order management system, and all integrated systems and tools—in order to fully comprehend a program’s impact to the department and its downstream effects, as well as to address risk management issues across entire campaign management processes.
- Contribute to the Program Management and Programmatic Ad Operations Teams with troubleshooting support on campaign delivery, creative implementation, performance, and ad server scheduling.
- 3+ years in a Marketing Technology Solutions architect or similar role.
- 2+ years in Product Management or Project Management.
- Certifications in the Adobe, IBM, Oracle, Google, Salesforce or similar Marketing Cloud Suite of Products preferred.
- Has experience with Tableau, Domo, Power BI or some reporting suite.
- Strong background in solution design tools such as Microsoft Visio.
- Experience as a user of Microsoft Office suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook for email.
- Familiar with the SaaS, and cloud-based design models.
- Track record of attaining cross-functional consensus and delivery of goals on time.
- Ability to define technical security solutions at a business, strategy and functional level.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to analyze and communicate technical issues, lead discussions, and influence decisions.
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to adapt messaging to target audience.
- Ability to discuss technical solutions to both highly technical audiences as well as non-technical, business focused individuals.
- Able to show results orientation, initiative, and organization to meet goals.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Creative problem-solving, critical thinking and follow-through.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Management or a related field.