If you're not having any fun at work, you're doing it wrong.
Graphic Designer / Art Director
At DRUM, we build brands, engage with customers and drive revenue. With clients like Aflac, E*TRADE, PayPal, Wounded Warrior Project and more — we act as much more than an agency, we are a strategic growth partner. If you’re not having any fun at work, you’re doing it wrong. Whether you’re in our Atlanta, Chicago or New York office, you’ll see for yourself: At DRUM, we love what we do. Results are there in everything we do, from our award-winning campaigns to our slightly less decorated bowling team. And it’s the reason our agency is recognized time and again, from Chief Marketer’s Top 200 Agencies to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Top Workplaces.
DRUM is seeking a Graphic Designer/Art Director to concept and executes 360 creative campaigns and content that blend storytelling with data and commerce. The ideal candidate will be able to express their ideas clearly, provide direction and leadership to team members, take direction from Senior Leadership, and partner with cross-functional departments on strategy and execution. You should have experience in both traditional and digital media. We’re looking for someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs.
The successful candidate should have an intimate understanding of how marketing campaigns work, especially in the financial sector, to support our clients. We work in a fast-paced environment, so the ideal Graphic Designer will be able to hit the ground running as soon as we bring on a new client or project. Applicants with experience leading creative teams and designing with other professionals will be given prime consideration. This role is based out of our New York office location.
- Must have a strong graphic design and branding ability to create, collateral marketing materials, logos, new business presentations, info graphics and websites.
- Must have a high-level of conceptual thinking and be able to take a project from concept to completion.
- Have a good understanding of UX design and be able to translate branded marketing materials into digital experiences.
- Creates wireframes, prototypes, layouts and mood boards as needed.
- Collaborates with copywriters, as well as other designers and developers, in addition to outside vender, photographers, artist, technology specialists and print vendors.
- Meets with Account Service and Project Management to determine creative requirements, timelines, etc. for new projects.
- Adheres to client graphic standards and brand guidelines.
- Maintains practical understanding of print design fundamentals.
- Assists in the business development process. May meet as part of a team with potential clients and prepare proposal materials or spec creative.
- Maintains a strong sense of design and typography aesthetics, with the ability to translate across various media. Demonstrates ability to switch gears and balance multiple deliverables in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Exhibits initiative, enthusiasm and passion for creative collaboration.
- Report directly to Creative Director.
- 5+ years of related experience in marketing within agency or in-house environment.
- Portfolio that shows strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables.
- Print, digital and video post-production experience.
- Expert knowledge of design specs and media requirements for web and social applications.
- Experience working with UX and UI web developers.
- Strong sense of visual style: strong layout, typography and graphics standards.
- Ability to manage and foster the growth of a team of Designers
- Adobe Creative Suite, and design tools including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch etc.
- Motion graphics / animation and video editing experience a plus.