If you're not having any fun at work, you're doing it wrong.
Newton’s First Law: Objects at rest tend to remain at rest. The same is true of people. At DRUM, our job is to get people to move. But random movement is pointless. Movement in rhythm with the goals of our clients, on the other hand, is the most valuable thing in the world. There’s an irresistible beat that gets brands noticed, gets people talking and, above all, gets results.No wonder so many great brands — like Aflac, E*TRADE, PayPal, Wounded Warrior Project and more — trust us to help take them where they want to go.We’re DRUM. Let’s dance.
If you’re not having any fun at work, you’re doing it wrong. Whether you’re in our Atlanta, Chicago or New York office, you’ll see for yourself: At DRUM, we love what we do. We’re focused, but not funless. Aggressive, but not ad-holes. After all, we believe in harmony. It’s there in everything we do, from our award-winning campaigns to our slightly less decorated bowling team. And it’s the reason our agency is recognized time and again, from Chief Marketer’s Top 200 Agencies to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Top Workplaces.
DRUM is looking for an organized, hardworking Financial Coordinator who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and can support managing accounts receivable and payable, reconciling jobs/billing, as well as various ad hoc assignments. Our ideal candidate will grow within the Finance Department, eager to take on extra tasks once the basics have been mastered. This role will be based out of our Lombard Office.
– Accounts Receivable – Enter client payments and other cash receipts, applying cash to proper client and general ledger account. Issue monthly statements and follow-up on overdue accounts as necessary.
– Accounts Payable – Coordinating proper approvals, enter vendor invoices, scanning/uploading copies, processing payments, respond to vendor inquiries and reconciling corporate credit card purchases.
– Client Billing – Partner with various Account Teams to provide semi/monthly billing. Reconciling and closing jobs, update internal status worksheets and reconcile/confirm monthly income.
– Internal System Support – Maintain client and vendor information in internal financial system. Assist in requests for security allowances for staff. Work with outside support for issues or requests.
– Monthly Reporting – Provide various monthly supporting documentation to Account Team Leads. Complete and maintain various financial status documents.
– Assist in streamlining systems and procedures within the Finance Department.
– Ad hoc administrative tasks as necessary.
– Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
– This position will require the ability to communicate and interact easily with others, be assertive, and take initiative.
– Must be capable of multi-tasking and wearing multiple hats, have strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
– Candidate should be able to work independently, have attention to detail, and be numbers-oriented.
– Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with Advantage Agency Software a plus.