If you're not having any fun at work, you're doing it wrong.
Associate Director, SEO
Newton’s First Law: Objects at rest tend to remain at rest. The same is true of people. At DRUM, our job is to get people to move. But random movement is pointless. Movement in rhythm with the goals of our clients, on the other hand, is the most valuable thing in the world. There’s an irresistible beat that gets brands noticed, gets people talking and, above all, gets results. No wonder so many great brands — like Aflac, E*TRADE, PayPal, Wounded Warrior Project and more — trust us to help take them where they want to go. We’re DRUM. Let’s dance.
If you’re not having any fun at work, you’re doing it wrong. Whether you’re in our Atlanta, Chicago or New York office, you’ll see for yourself: At DRUM, we love what we do. We’re focused, but not funless. Aggressive, but not ad-holes. After all, we believe in harmony. It’s there in everything we do, from our award-winning campaigns to our slightly less decorated bowling team. And it’s the reason our agency is recognized time and again, from Chief Marketer’s Top 200 Agencies to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Top Workplaces.
Join one of the fastest growing independent, full-service agencies that’s dedicated to redefining the media landscape. Partner with an A-list of talent that has come on board over the past half year, selected from the top consultancies, data platforms, holding companies and brands. DRUM’s mission is to deliver strategic and advisory services in addition to best-in-class media and creative execution. By joining now, you will be called upon to help author the next chapter in our ascension, as we build upon several recent client wins and further solidify a number of game-changing strategic partnerships.
As the Associate Director of SEO at DRUM Agency, your role will be integral to the success of our clients. This role is responsible to lead our clients and be the face of the agency for SEO (both technical/on-site and content as well as off-site). This role will work closely with the content team and the Director of Paid Search in developing and implementing appropriate online marketing strategies for the business’s websites, blog sites, and pages. The Associate Director of SEO must be in a position to deliver excellent results through the optimization of the business/product’s online pages. This team is also tasked with the improvement of the business’s site visibility and raising the organic search rankings. As a result, the Director of SEO will also be responsible for the creation, implementation, and analysis of SEO audits, strategy and campaigns. Additionally, this role will also serve as the face of SEO to our clients for both weekly and monthly meetings, in addition to in-person meetings as needed. This role will work closely across multiple channels and levels, ranging from the CMO and VP, Integrated Marketing in the media department to analytics, technology and content teams – all available to work with you in sync to meet the desired goals.
This position will allow you to build your own team with full support from media leadership. While your primary focus will be growth and efficiency of the client base, your ability to develop and lead an effective team is critical to sustained success. As a portion of this role, you will also be responsible to be the thought leader for the agency and clients, thinking more forward than the SERP, with regards to voice search, personal assistants, smart devices, in-app experiences, etc.
You will report to the VP of Integrated Media Strategy and support a wide variety of clients across verticals and assisting media leadership in new client acquisition. This position has the ability to be located at our Atlanta, New York, or Chicago offices.
– Oversee and direct all search engine optimization efforts. Directly responsible for growing search engine traffic, conversion rates for traffic to lead on website and CTR on search engine SERPs.
– Work collaboratively with the account services team to manage client relationships as related to SEO strategy, team and performance.
– Ensure best practice and innovation in all SEO activities.
– Conduct keyword research and competitive analysis to inform SEO plans and tactics.
– Manage and develop direct reports and be accountable for complete team development.
– Build strong relationships across teams and acts as point of escalation for client issues.
– Accountable for achievement of KPIs and deadlines.
– Work with other channel leads to drive cross channel strategy and collaboration.
– Contribute to new business development and agency growth.
– Participate as a thought-leader by sharing knowledge and best practices with the digital team, leadership and business unit teams.
– Highly motivated, resourceful and self-directed with the ability to deliver under pressure.
– Ability to be detailed oriented while seeing trends, themes and macro-impacts.
– Strong knowledge base of the overall online and digital marketing realm and best practices.
– 7+ years of SEO experience; advertising agency experience a plus.
– Demonstrated excellence driving results within multiple search engines (Google, Bing).
– Experience and understanding ofanalytics tools as well as SEO tools, such as Conductor, BrightEdge, Google Web Master Tools, Google Analytics, etc.
– Expert-level Excel & PowerPoint skills.
– Excellent analytical, multi-tasking and decision making abilities with the ability to “tell the story” to our clients.
– Strong managerial experience, including experience developing and mentoring a team.
– Ability to think strategically, make innovative recommendations that drive client goals.
– Ability to nurture and retain client and employee relationships.
– Experience working with financial data and budgets.
– Ability to analyze complex issues and to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations to solve client challenges.