If you're not having any fun at work, you're doing it wrong.
Director of PR & Agency Marketing
Newton’s First Law: Objects at rest tend to remain at rest. The same is true of people. At DRUM, our job is to get people to move. But random movement is pointless. Movement in rhythm with the goals of our clients, on the other hand, is the most valuable thing in the world. There’s an irresistible beat that gets brands noticed, gets people talking and, above all, gets results. No wonder so many great brands — like Aflac, E*TRADE, PayPal, Wounded Warrior Project and more — trust us to help take them where they want to go. We’re DRUM. Driving Results with Unified Marketing. Let’s dance.
If you’re not having any fun at work, you’re doing it wrong. Whether you’re in our Atlanta, Chicago or New York office, you’ll see for yourself: At DRUM, we love what we do. We’re focused, but not funless. Aggressive, but not ad-holes. After all, we believe in harmony. We embrace team collaboration across offices. The results are there in everything we do, from our award-winning campaigns to our slightly less decorated bowling team. And it’s the reason our agency is recognized time and again, from Chief Marketer’s Top 200 Agencies to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Top Workplaces.
The Director of PR & Agency Marketing will be responsible for driving and executing the marketing and public relations strategy for the agency. That includes securing top-tier national media opportunities, including press coverage; speaking engagements; conferences attendance, awards, etc.; building the marketing plan for the agency including paid search and social media; managing events for the agency and working with executive teams to help create & manage a speakers bureau and drive newsworthy story ideas / pitches for the firm.
While preferable to our New York location, this role has flexibility to be based out of our Atlanta or Chicago office locations as well.
– Develop stories and proactively pitch them to trade/national business/ broadcast journalists and successfully secure media coverage.
– Maintain knowledge of the trade media, national business press and a keen understanding of what’s ‘newsworthy’ and what drives the news agenda.
– Expand and manage a media contacts database.
– Write press releases, story proposals, and internal documents in support of strategic brand positioning.
– Write bios and backgrounds for company executives to support getting business editorial in related industry trade publications and mainstream media.
– Ability to lead and manage a team
– Excellent written and verbal skills
– Ability to multi-task, work independently, think outside the box and work under tight deadlines
– Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
– Outstanding writing skills, capable of producing finely crafted copy for press releases, comments and online content to tight deadlines.
– Bachelor’s degree in a Marketing, PR or related field of study
– Minimum 4 years’ experience on either the PR or publication side, with demonstrated success
– A high-energy professional with established national media contacts and a proven track record of building strong relationships
– Event management experience a plus
– Agency experience a plus
– Effective time management skills
– Intermediate expertise in MS office suite (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint)
– Team player
– Strong leadership qualities.
– Detail oriented and highly organized.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
– Problem solver.