If you're not having any fun at work, you're doing it wrong.
Designer / Front-End Developer
At DRUM, our job is to get people to move in rhythm with the goals of our clients. With clients like Aflac, E*TRADE, PayPal, Wounded Warrior Project and more — we drive results with unified marketing. If you’re not having any fun at work, you’re doing it wrong. Whether you’re in our Atlanta, Chicago or New York office, you’ll see for yourself: At DRUM, we love what we do. We’re focused, but not funless. Aggressive, but not ad-holes. Results are there in everything we do, from our award-winning campaigns to our slightly less decorated bowling team. And it’s the reason our agency is recognized time and again, from Chief Marketer’s Top 200 Agencies to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Top Workplaces.
At DRUM, a Front-End Developer performs a multifaceted role. You should have a passion for design, an eagerness to learn new technologies, a desire to be part of a collaborative team and a drive to provide effective solutions for our clients’ digital and traditional marketing needs. You’ll be responsible for concepting, designing and producing HTML emails, landing pages, interactive display ad units, as well as some offline materials like direct mail and sales sheets. Time spent in this position is divided between front-end design and development. This role has the flexibility to be based out of our Atlanta or Chicago office locations.
- Designs and builds digital marketing materials such as mobile friendly HTML emails, landers, HTML5 banner ads, social media assets, etc.
- Creates wireframes, prototypes, layouts and mood boards as needed.
- Collaborates with copywriters, as well as other designers and developers, to generate creative ideas and concepts to fulfill the advertising needs of clients.
- Meets with Account Service and Project Management to determine creative requirements, timelines, etc. for new projects.
- Adheres to client graphic standards and brand guidelines.
- Retains current knowledge in direct response marketing, email marketing, and UX/UI design.
- Maintains practical understanding of print design fundamentals.
- Assists in the business development process. May meet as part of a team with potential clients and prepare proposal materials or spec creative.
- Maintains a strong sense of design and typography aesthetics, with the ability to translate across various media.
- Demonstrates ability to switch gears and balance multiple deliverables in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Exhibits initiative, enthusiasm and passion for creative collaboration.
- 3 + years digital agency experience
- College degree; emphasis in advertising, development or design
- Strict attention to detail
- Effective time management, ability to meet deadlines
- Motivated, self-starter
- Handles direction well
- Applications: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite
- Experience with Salesforce, MailChimp or similar ESPs a plus
- Experience with After Effects, Premiere, Tumult Hype, Litmus, Email on Acid a plus
- Solid understanding of essential UX principles