If you're not having any fun at work, you're doing it wrong.
Newton’s First Law: Objects at rest tend to remain at rest. The same is true of people. At DRUM, our job is to get people to move. But random movement is pointless. Movement in rhythm with the goals of our clients, on the other hand, is the most valuable thing in the world. There’s an irresistible beat that gets brands noticed, gets people talking and, above all, gets results. No wonder so many great brands — like AT&T, Aflac, Carhartt, E*TRADE, PayPal, March of Dimes and more — trust us to help take them where they want to go. We’re DRUM. Let’s dance.
If you’re not having any fun at work, you’re doing it wrong. Whether you’re in our Atlanta, Chicago or New York office, you’ll see for yourself: At DRUM, we love what we do. We’re focused, but not funless. Aggressive, but not ad-holes. After all, we believe in harmony. It’s there in everything we do, from our award-winning campaigns to our slightly less decorated bowling team. And it’s the reason our agency is recognized time and again, from Chief Marketer’s Top 200 Agencies to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Top Workplaces.
The Insights & Strategy team at DRUM is looking for an experienced Content Strategist. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple strategic projects on a variety of clients. You must be a fast-thinker who works well with clients and other groups at DRUM, including colleagues in Account Management, Creative, Media, SEO, eCRM and Research.
You’ll be developing objective-driven content strategies and seeing them through to development and activation. There is ample room for growth within this role. Knowing the ins-and-outs of social platforms, Google and YouTube will be key to success. You will need to be conversant in media channels and creative/production to lead the charge. It is also important to be knowledgeable in ad tech stacks, so you can continue to prove the efficacy of content in delivering strong ROI. Most important of all, you must be a student of consumer attitudes and behaviors to ensure your strategy will return value for DRUM’s clients.
This role is based in our midtown New York office.
– Managing evergreen, and campaign-specific content strategies for clients.
– Being a thought-leader in how consumers are interacting with social media, YouTube and other developing channels in desktop and mobile.
– Developing audience insights that can be applied to campaigns.
– Writing excellent creative and/or media briefs to guide DRUM’s campaigns.
– Aid in regular reporting on KPIs delivered by content campaigns.
– Building end-to-end strategies and presenting to clients live and via video conferencing.
– Help promote DRUM’s strategic practice via PR and writing/speaking.
– Contribute to new business pitches.
– 5+ years of experience at other leading marketing agencies.
– Penchant for positive communications and collaboration with others.
– Entrepreneurial spirit, ready to take the initiative at any time.
– Multi-tasking and wearing multiple hats with the ability to prioritize.
– A dedication to producing high quality deliverables and clever thought-leadership.
– No fear of a blank sheet of paper – creating, leading and knowing what to do next.
– Intimate familiarity with Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit, YouTube and LinkedIn platforms so you can provide guidance to clients and team members.