If you're not having any fun at work, you're doing it wrong.
Associate Director, Integrated Media Strategy
Join one of the fastest growing independent, full-service agencies that’s dedicated to redefining the media landscape. Partner with an A-list of talent that has come on board over the past half year, selected from the top consultancies, data platforms, holding companies and brands. DRUM’s mission is to deliver strategic and advisory services in addition to best-in-class media and creative execution. By joining now, you will be called upon to help author the next chapter in our ascension, as we build upon several recent client wins and further solidify a number of game-changing strategic partnerships.
The Associate Director, Integrated Media Strategy will play a critical role in establishing DRUM as a strategic marketing partner. You will accomplish this by elevating and inspiring the quality of our strategic output and helping our clients deliver deeper consumer/customer connections. You will also be the voice of our integrated online and offline media plans to the client, selling through cutting-edge plans that rely on sophisticated targeting tactics and measurement capabilities to drive business results.
- Work in partnership with all discipline leads across SEM, SEO, Social and Programmatic, as well as trusted offline buying partners, to develop communications solutions that beat client business goals.
- Responsible for the strategic foundation for all client plans. Understand and execute strategic contributions throughout the DRUM planning process from insights to strategy, strategy briefing to planning, plans to activations, activations to measurement, measurement to performance assessments, and assessments to action plans.
- Mine insights utilizing tools such as Hitwise and in-house primary research capabilities to develop target definition, consumer journey and brand purpose work.
- Lead media planning efforts across various verticals, such as Finance, Retail, Healthcare, Non Profit and B2B, inclusive of projections for clients and audience segmentation.
- Build on the Consumer Journey to craft strategically sound communication strategies and related measurement plans
- Establish solid, credible relationships with senior clients and DRUM stakeholders across Media, Creative, Decision Science, Technology and Research & Strategy.
- Using personal experience as well as accepted best practices, cases and learning, define a strategic standard for success /excellence for client businesses. Partner closely with key media partners and Ad Tech and BI partners to ensure insights are being generated and activated against from all potential arenas.
- Fluency and agility to quickly develop communications strategies that provide clear and actionable objectives and channel roles/deliverables.
- Monitor and ensure the integration of strategy throughout the delivery process; demonstrate the ability to take action (or engage with others to do so) to modify/course-correct as needed to ensure the integrity of the plan and deliverables.
- Ability and desire to inspire and lead teams across a broad swath of media disciplines. Willingness to work with and teach others – within the Media group and beyond, across all client accounts he/she touches.
- Lead by example in developing, motivating, mentoring and coaching team members.
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration.
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels.
- Able to establish and maintain strong, effective relationships inter-departmentally.
- Target top talent; help to recruit and select staff.
- Proven track record of business/marketing expertise, strategic portfolio management and inspiring teams to develop actionable plans that drive results.
- A natural storyteller—a highly articulate and persuasive writer and speaker.
- Ability to simplify/synthesize complex data from a variety of sources and then communicate solutions in a simple, fresh perspective that clearly outlines the roles and deliverables of channels.
- Fully versed on the strategic roles of interactive/digital, as well as familiar with offline buying and measurement.
- Skilled familiarity with various research techniques and sources (qualitative consumer research, various forms of quantitative research methodologies).
- The ability to work quickly and well under pressure, often multitasking on a variety of projects.
- A self-starter; works closely with manager but proactively looks for solutions.
- Ability to challenge conventional thinking in a constructive way.
- Natural facilitator; helps integrated agency teams cross-pollinate shared solutions.
- Ability to craft insightful, inspiring briefs.
- Maturity, confidence and perspective to manage quick/unexpected transitions or conflicts to successful resolution.
- Ability to own client relationships and be the voice of integrated media for DRUM.
- Bachelor’s degree, minimum.
- 5+ years marketing experience with minimum 4 years of solid experience working in a strategic capacity with heavy channel/media integration and interaction.
- Solid knowledge and experience in applying strategy to channel marketing, across direct response, branding, demand gen, lead gen, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.