Social listening inspires smarter business strategies
by Alicia Trahan, 03 Apr 2017
- What conversations are people having about the brand, the brand’s competitors and the broader industry or topic where the brand resides?
- Who is having these conversations?
- And, where are these conversations taking place?
- Acquisition and retention strategy – insights can help keep and retain customers, as well as attract new ones, by identifying areas of improvement or growth opportunities within unmet or poorly met needs.
- Crisis Management strategies - spot and manage emerging crisis regarding a particular product, brand or industry issues and set protocols to follow when threats occur.
- CRM strategy - targeted strategies can be developed to change detractors into brand advocates by paying close attention to consumers’ key problems, motivations and issues with products or services.
- Innovation & Brand Health strategies – audience listening and competitive analysis data can provide category insight that can help identify areas for innovation, updates in style that matter and communications that resonate with customers.
- Persona Development strategies – whether alone or as compliment to other sources of information (focus groups, surveys, sales data, demographics, psychographics, etc.), weaving social data to other data sets provides a robust picture of the customer, brand and lifestyle surrounding it.
- Segmentation strategy - Determine where to focus communication and spend efforts by profiling customer segments (based on behavior, interests and attitude) and identify which communities these segments associate with.
- Supply & Demand strategies – knowing where current and future customers reside can inform the entire supply chain logistics.
- Targeting strategies – knowing where purchases are being made and the impetus for making them can improve target marketing strategies. Or target messaging campaigns to inspire consumer passions by identifying and tracking consumer passions, perceptions and concerns and adjusting in real-time.
- USP Strategies – Use consumer feedback to learn what makes a brand unique and shine a light on those distinctions in your messaging; keeping a pulse on existing and emerging competition to avoid disruption by anyone being more in-touch with consumers.
Get updates; just enter your email below. Simple as that.
Are you ready for the GDPR? A guide for advertising agencies
by Jerelle Gainey and Debra Wang, 15 Mar 2018
Q&A: Experts dish on the future of paid search
by Chelsea Huston, 06 Mar 2018
Why content moments are the key to understanding content marketing
by Ben Heiser, 28 Feb 2018
Why bad advertising is a form of bad manners: lessons from a Ugandan storefront
by Scott Johnson, 20 Feb 2018
Retailers and the lower funnel trap
by David Randolph, 06 Feb 2018
What’s the body language of your content really saying?
by Zoë Courtman-Smith, 31 Jan 2018
10 things to look for in enterprise SEO software: 2018 tool review
by Greg Lee, 30 Jan 2018
The top 3 PPC marketing search engines of 2018
by Debra Wang and Vladimir Bradic, 26 Jan 2018
How new changes to Google Grant will affect your nonprofit
by Shelby Huckeba, 19 Jan 2018
Latest Giving Tuesday campaign ideas from marketing-minded nonprofits
by Adam Binkley, Jay Reyes and Ruby Wustrak, 18 Jan 2018
State of Social in 2018
by Ashley Reed, 17 Jan 2018
Top 7 posts of 2017
by Jamie Wigington, 17 Jan 2018
How should SEM experts prepare for voice search? [INFOGRAPHIC]
by DRUM, 17 Jan 2018
7 Digital trends that will change how you market in 2018
by Kimberly Honore, 17 Jan 2018
What advertisers need to know about Apple's intelligent tracking prevention
by Jerelle Gainey, 06 Oct 2017
Using direct mail to reactivate online customers
by Rosann Bartle, 22 Sep 2017
Bing shop ‘til you drop
by Hailee Sosnowski, 14 Aug 2017
Finding a web design process that works
by Todd Chambers, 02 Aug 2017
3 Commandments for creating incredibly engaging content
by Ben Heiser, 02 Aug 2017
Twitter ads and targeting techniques that work
by Annie Green, 27 Jul 2017
5 benefits of paid social advertising
by Karina Khemani, 14 Jul 2017
Oh snap! Snapchat just upped their ad game
by Traci Hendrix, 12 Jul 2017
Dying is easy, comedy is hard
by Scott Johnson, 10 Jul 2017
Marketing and the meteor Test
by Scott Johnson, 05 Jul 2017
The value of local SEO (Even when your customers aren't)
by Gregory Lee, 23 Jun 2017
The best Facebook ad types and targeting options for driving sales
by Annie Green, 15 Jun 2017
Linking online marketing to offline consumer behavior
by Heather Roach, 08 Jun 2017
To push a non-profits mission, you have to push with passion
by Nicole Bendel, 05 Jun 2017
7 ways B2B marketers can find success in social media
by Traci Hendrix, 31 May 2017
Google’s data-driven attribution: what you need to know
by Kimberly Honore, 23 May 2017
The skinny on Yahoo's native search retargeting feature
by Shelby Huckeba, 15 May 2017
Why you should always include brand search in your digital strategy
by Katherine Jianas, 04 May 2017
How to use content marketing to finally unify marketing strategies
by Gregory Lee, 16 Apr 2017
5 things we learned at Google’s “Search in 2017 & Beyond” event
by Kimberly Honore, 05 Apr 2017
To sell to the ego, you gotta talk to the id.
by Zoe Courtman-Smith, 04 Apr 2017
Brand safety: how programmatic partners protect our clients' brands
by Brittany Altman, 31 Mar 2017
How inactive subscribers can affect deliverability
by Billy McNair, 27 Mar 2017
5 reasons to Insist on 1st party data for CRM targeting
by Samantha Halpin, 22 Mar 2017
Conversation, not content, is king
by Scott Johnson, 15 Mar 2017